Powered by Blogger.

Review: ColourTint Intense Blend Lip and Cheek Oil by Colourette



I've been wanting to try this product for a long (and I mean long) time. Because of how much I ended up loving it, I feel like I'm gonna end up collecting all shades, but for now I have four (Kelsey, Dione, Zola, and Evee) which I will be reviewing today. I'm not a big tints girl but I was eager to try this because it had multiple uses, I was curious, I wanted more diversity in my collection, and—I'll be honest—their marketing's just great. I won't extend this intro any longer. Let's get right into it!

Scroll to the bottom for a quick summary, in case you're at the store and in a hurry!

Product info

Price: ₱299
Where to get:

  • Lazada
  • Colourette website
  • SM Pampanga
  • SM Clark
  • SM North Edsa
  • TriNoma Landmark Department Store
  • Other partners/resellers

Ingredients

AQUA, GLYCERIN, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, CARPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL, VANILLA EXTRACT, MAY CONTAIN (+/-) CI 17200, CI 15510, CI 77007*

*depending on shade


First impressions

This product is highly pigmented in that a little goes a long way. It blends out easily, and it's light enough that it feels like you're not wearing anything, but it still shows up as a natural blush—given that you don't overdo it, of course. I think the packaging is really cute and clever and reminiscent of Benefit's tints, but—and this is just me being nitpicky—I'm not a big fan of the sticker in the back that says "Shake me up real good". I feel like it's very much aligned with the brand's personality and a helpful instruction, but it also makes me feel like the bottle is sentient and making a kinky request LOL.

I actually forgot that this could be applied on the lips. I'm so used to liquid blushes and their watery formula that I was hesitant to try it on my lips, but it works! It doesn't feel drying or too watery that it hardly shows up or looks patchy, and those were the reasons I never really liked lip tints, so this is good in my book.

Product claims
The first of its kind in the local scene, these boldly pigmented tints come in a comfortable hydrating formula with spf 15 that keeps lips and cheeks moisturized and protected while giving a natural blush. Infused with Argan oil – a super-moisturizer that nourishes the lips almost instantly and promotes healing of dry and cracked lips. It also provides superior protection from environmental assault.
  • Blends smoothly and evenly on skin and lips
  • No more uneven tinted areas
  • Boldly pigmented
  • Hyper staying power
  • Oil when applied then dries up as a stain
Alright, so I'll very briefly respond to these claims based on my experience, and then get a little more in depth with them in later sections. In terms of blending smoothly, being boldly pigmented, and how it dries as a stain, I say that they've aced that one. But for blending evenly on skin and lips, uneven tinted areas, and hyper staying power, I suppose it depends on a multitude of factors such as how you apply and blend it, how you set it, how long you wear it for, and where you wear it to (for example: wearing it at the gym where you'll sweat a lot won't make it last nearly as long as when you wear it to an air-conditioned office).

When I dot it on my cheeks and blend with my fingers, depending on how well I do it obviously, it can still be uneven. So in my experience, just how true that claim is depends on the user, but it's a fair claim to make. When properly shaken and swatched, the pigment really shows and is even for the most part, so again a fair claim to make but not 100% foolproof.

I didn't know it had SPF so I'm pleasantly surprised about that, and as for the moisturizing of my lips: it didn't exactly dry my lips out, but it didn't really moisturize it either. After about two hours and a meal, my lips began to dry so it's either I didn't apply enough for it to be moisturizing or it's just not doing so well in that regard.

Packaging

It comes in nail polish-like glass bottle with a black cap and a brush applicator. The logo and note at the back are stuck on and you can kind of see the outlines of the sticker, but that's a minor thing. I think it might be better in the long run 'cause labels printed on tubes tend to rub off, just like in Colourpop's packaging.

Pricing

It's hard to beat at ₱299 for 12ml, which puts it at approximately ₱25 per ml. The 8ml bottle costs ₱249, which means it's ₱31 per ml; I'd get the bigger size if this is something you see yourself using frequently. You'll get your money's worth.

L-R: Zola, Evee, Dione, Kelsey

Formula

Because of the oil, it separates when you leave it still for too long; but as instructed, it can easily be fixed by shaking the bottle. I think it's clever because when the oil seeps into your skin, it just leaves the stain, or at least that's what I'm assuming it does and also what it's intended to do.

It doesn't feel thick or heavy at all; obviously you feel the oiliness when you first apply it, but it's not the greasy kind of oil. It feels smooth, almost like it turns into powder after you blend it. I prefer it over the wateriness of the Cha-Cha and Posie tints from Benefit. It doesn't dry so quickly either that it leaves a dark stain that you can't blend out (which was my issue with Benefit tints).

I will say that the shade Kelsey was a lot more pigmented than the others; even just one dot on the apples of my cheeks suffices (and is even way more than is actually needed, though it sets into a natural blush after a few minutes).

Application

It's great and easy to apply (the brush makes it easy to dot it along your cheeks and wherever else you want to put it) but I'm wondering if there'd be other alternatives to the nail polish-like applicator. Would it be harder to apply with a doe foot applicator, for example?

As I previously mentioned, how I do it is I dot three drops on my cheek first, blend it out, and then add more to build up the intensity to how I like it. But that's for every day looks to school when I'm not wearing primer or tinted moisturizer; if I was, I'd just dot one or two because it gets highly pigmented, then blend it out as usual.

Wear

The first time I tried it on my cheeks, it faded slightly after 7 hours of wear in school, even after I set it with my L'Oreal Infallible Setting Spray. It might've been because I was active and sweating a lot, walking in school (even though I only had one class that day in an air-conditioned room and spent the rest of it working at the library), or the fact that I didn't use primer. I noticed a red spot on my cheek but I'm not too sure it's because of the tint. When I got home, it was slightly blotchy looking on my cheeks, but after 11 hours you could still see a faint blush so I guess it's pretty good.

I tried it with primer and my tinted moisturizer, and I noticed two things: the pigmentation applied much stronger but it held up for about as long (I wore it to church for 8 hours). It faded to a hardly there (not barely there) blush but it wasn't as blotchy as it was without primer and the tinted moisturizer, so in terms of their claimed hyper staying power, I'm not so sure I agree based on my experience.

As a lip tint, I swiped a little on my lips and blended it out with my fingers. Just as it claims, it's oil when applied but then dries down to a stain, which makes for a good barely-there look or as a base for your more pigmented lipsticks. However, you can also swipe the applicator for a stronger, more pigmented look like a liquid lipstick. There's minimal transfer, but it wears off pretty quickly if you eat or drink. I was honestly pretty surprised by how much I liked it; I thought it would feel weird or greasy or oily on my lips, but it didn't feel that way at all.


Shade Selection

I think what I love most about Colourette is that there's plenty of colors to choose from in their product lines. Just like with their Supramatte liquid lipsticks, there's also a number to choose from for their ColourTints depending on what you're looking for. Currently there are 7 available shades: Kelsey, Cali, Lana, Dione, Zola, Evee, and Thalia.

Overall

I'm not gonna lie, I like this better than my Cloud Paint from Glossier for a multitude of reasons. There's more colors to choose from, it doesn't hurt the bank, there's multiple uses for it (I can apply Cloud Paint to my lips but I just feel like it'd be drying) and it's pretty fun to use. For the price, it's definitely worth it, and it's one of those products where I tried it and I instantly understood the hype. If you're looking for a new lip and cheek tint, I highly suggest you try this one out!

Summary

Too lazy to read the whole review? In a hurry? Don't worry, I got you covered.

This is a highly-pigmented lip and cheek oil that costs ₱299 for 12ml. It applies as oil and dries as a stain, and though the staying power isn't as "hyper" as the brand claims, it wears nicely for long enough. There's a lot of colors to choose from and it's easy enough to apply, so if you're on the fence about this product, trust me when I say that taking the leap and splurging is worth it. It was life-changing—for me, at least.

Rating

To be fair, I will only be rating this product based on general uses and their product claims.

  • Blending: 4/5
  • Pigmentation: 5/5 
  • Staying power: 3/5
  • Application: 4/5
  • Formula: 5/5
  • Wearability: 5/5
  • User-friendliness: 5/5
  • Price: 5/5
  • Total: 4.5/5

No comments